Morning Light


The Oak tree outside my bedroom window wears a spring coat of pale green leaves. I woke up early yesterday morning and the light was particulary beautiful. I looked out the window to see the leaves lit by the morning sun, bright gold against the cold gray landscape of concrete and tarmac.

I cranked up the colors in the image to reflect how I felt on seeing this. This is what it was like a for the longest time. And then it just seemd to be forever in bud before the leaves arrived suddenly, awkwardly, overnight it seemed. So the scene did seem almost magical, more like a real beginning. Of course today its been miserably gray and rainy but that image has really stirred the notion that a new season is here and there's no turning round.

+ Occasional Oasis:Baby Greens
Recently:

All Posts: