Spring Blues


I discovered the Virginia Bluebells in the North West of Central Park a few years ago walking Eti in those woods and it became a tradition for us to mark the beginning of Spring with him posing beside them. It meant the beginning of good weather and many more regular walks in the woods. This photo was the last one, he passed away later that year. I couldn't bring myself to go see them last year. Knowing they were in bloom reminded me more than anything of my much missed companion as it did this year, but this year I decided I would go take a look.

It helped that there were some squills just before the path that enters the woods. Not quite sure why, just that it was something new that I hadn't noticed before. Maybe if every year, there was something new to notice it will ease the spring blues that the bluebells bring.
Recently:

All Posts: