Foliage Shadows


I love the work of Mary Temple. Apart from the genius idea to paint in the light and foliage shadows in rooms with little or no light, I love her recognition that these images stir an emotional response. I woke up early today to see that the increasing morning light was casting some interesting shadows which reminded me of her work. I stacked the geranium a little higher to see what the effect might be and thats what you see in the picture.

I was first considering maybe getting more and taller plants - a climber on canes perhaps to get more of this effect but an hour later and the light has already raced halfway across to the other side of the room. The scene is sort of reversed in my bathroom, the branches of the oak tree casting the subtlest shadows on the tiny window.
Recently:

All Posts: