Green Age


The force that through the green fuse drives the flower. Drives my green age; that blasts the roots of trees Dylan Thomas

We are having a spectacular transition to spring with temperatures in the sixties. I only recently discovered this excerpt from a Dylan Thomas poem which really articulates for me the sense of energy that comes with spring- like a current crackling through roots and branches exploding into leaves and buds. It surprisingly bookends my post at the end of last summer- fleeting green. In the photos, the reverse is in effect- I couldn't help thinking that the shadows on the lawn looked crisper because the grass seemed a lot greener than I remembered. Everywhere in the garden green things poke their heads through the dull winter palette. At last the green age of spring.




+ GreenKraft: Farm Tables
Recently:

All Posts: