Outside My Window

This is the second apartment that I've lived in, in NYC, thats on the 5th floor and has a tree pressed up against it. This one, an Oak tree, is right in front of my bedroom window. Its presence, is a living energy that I watch change with the seasons, rustling in the breeze, swaying in the wind, casting soft shadows that flutter on the sheer curtains. I'm also aware of the sounds it makes as it filters the wind, mutes the traffic, or taps the glass like ghostly fingers in a storm. I love it in spring when the bare branches are bristling with the energy of new growth or as it is now when it changes color but slowly, unwilling to let go of its precious green leaves, reluctant to succumb to the inevitable chill of Autumn.



Music: Erik Satie, 3 Gymnopedies
Recently:

All Posts: