Sprouting


It was a glorious weekend with temperatures in the high 60's (maybe into the early 70's). Most of the seed trays had sprouted, and quite a few of the pots. The sight of all these sprouts first elicited joy, then a slight pang of fear - please make it through the next phase without dying and damping off. The warm weather literally pushed some of them up - I stayed overnight and the next day one tray had new sprouts and I spied 2 pea shoots coming through outside in the vegetable beds. I discovered that I could water the trays by just sitting them in the sink filled with water and then finishing them off with a few squirts from a spray bottle. I seeded one last non wooden tray with the seeds I forgot to bring the last few weeks. We're off to fine start.




+ OGMedia:Flora
Recently:

All Posts: